Friday, December 15, 2017

Hair and Out of State Bridesmaids

Why hello everyone! First of all, it's true, I'm Mrs. HelloBeautifulChild now. xD As the wedding came closer it was too much to also post. (For example, my mother, father, grandmother, and godfather all stayed with us and our roommate in our three bedroom house for the week or so before the wedding. Oh yeah, but more on that later.) Things started to go wrong, and as I explained before, most of the wedding planning is in a month or so before the day of. I still want this record though, so I'm going to backtrack and tell the tale of the rest of our wedding planning. Starting now with my wedding hair.

I've mentioned a million times that I wanted to have a fancy braid for my hair on the day of the wedding. It's a style that appeals to me because it is obviously so gorgeous and I think updos look wonderful with strapless wedding dresses. (What? I mentioned my wedding dress? Since the day passed, I can do that now. :D ) Unfortunately, my original hairstylist moved locations. I called in later, after finally getting ahold of my sister (which had been difficult due to conflicting schedules but not at all her fault) to see if she wanted to get her hair done too, to get an updated quote with the new stylist. (I needed a new quote as prices can range from stylist to stylist.) I found out then and there that the timing was going to be difficult and stressful. In addition, the cost was significantly higher than my original quote. It sucked to do, but it was becoming clear that my fancy braid wasn't going to happen.

Without a braid for my hair, my mother and grandmother urged me to get a veil and do something special. It was one of those things that I cared maybe 40% about, and they cared about 80%. They wanted me to have a special day, and that meant even the little things were special. At a crafts store we picked up a very basic veil and a pretty beaded leaf thingy for my hair. (They don't seem to still sell it, but this looks very similar to the 'pretty beaded leaf thingy'. I'm not linking the veil because, quite frankly, I don't remember too much what it looked like.) I could manage an updo, and without precious and detailed braids, these accessories would make it look much more put together.

8 Months Since the Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Have a fantastic day!