Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Scrapbooking

I've mentioned before about my love of wedding magazines. They're how I got my wedding colors and served as a vital inspiration that's designed much of our wedding. In addition, by having a picture to show Bradley I learn pretty quick what he likes and doesn't like. They are a lot of fun to go through and serve as a not-foolproof-but-still-useful point of reference that tells me what a wedding is and what all goes into it. In short, I love them, and their glossy pages remained uncut so that I could look in them for years to come. That is, of course, until last night.

Since the magazines have remained untouched, pristine glossy pages with sticky notes and sharpie annotations. The problem was simple, and occurred to me while Monica pulled out her wedding binder from the 4th grade. I'd written all of these brain dump notes, tagged every page that mildly interested me, and I could not find a single note when I needed it. I'd kept the magazines un-cut because I'd wanted to keep them together for future reading, but I hadn't opened them (except to reference inspiration) since I read them the first time. Uh-doy! With all of that in mind I decided it was time to go back to my middle school roots and put together a scrapbook. I set up at the desk we keep in our living room and began to sort brochures, cut magazines, and then sort the magazine clippings. It took me almost 3 hours to do that, and I didn't actually scrap book a single thing. No worries though, because when I started the sorting I realized I didn't have a book to put it all in so for now it was a non issue.

So, today I am going to:
  1. Purchase a scrap book, glue stick, etc. (I am going to stick with the bare minimums though. I love stationary and don't need to go gaga over this.)
  2. Probably Definitely get some more wedding magazines. 
  3. Put the scrap book together and hopefully complete it.
On a related note, if anyone has old/new/used wedding magazines they don't want anymore, feel free to send them my way! :)

Approx. 9 months from the wedding.
Upcoming in the Allen Wedding Plans...
7/3/2016: Bridesmaids/Best Man Pot Luck Brunch.
7/9/2016: Check out Tweleve Stone Farm as a potential venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Have a fantastic day!