Thursday, June 23, 2016

Wedding Colors

Photo Credit: The Knot Magazine
So when I got engaged my mother recommended that I get wedding magazines. Actual, physical, printed on glossy paper, wedding magazines. I thought she was nuts, that's what the internet was for and the internet was free. However, when my sister bought me one and I began to annotate and flag it I was caught. I was suddenly and irreparably addicted to wedding magazines.

Becoming addicted to wedding magazines is how a lot of creative ideas have hit my mind, but I think the most important one so far was the selection of our wedding colors. While reading The Knot I came across a picture of some potted plants. They were yellow flowers with plenty of greenery and white ribbon made bows all in them. I fell in love immediately, and thus, our wedding colors are yellow, forest green, and lots and lots of white.

It works out perfectly, I love yellow, my fiance loves green (it is his favorite color), and white is something I always envisioned having a prominent role in my wedding. We already have favorites, so it was easy to decide that the bets man would wear his tux with green accents, and the bridesmaids would wear their tuxes with yellow or their dresses in yellow. Of course, and I realized this about a week after deciding on the wedding colors, my sister and I look absolutely horrid in yellow. I asked if she would like me to switch with the best man, but she (in true bridesmaids fashion) has accepted the horrid dress color in stride with poise.

Approx. 9 months from the wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Have a fantastic day!