Tuesday, June 21, 2016

We Begin to Hear the Wedding Bells Ring

From the second I knew I was getting married my mind started to race. Where are we going to have the wedding? Where will my out of town family stay? How will we incorporate our dog into our wedding? What's a rehearsal dinner and do I have to have a bridal shower? RSVP cards or online site? How much information can I put up on our wedding website, and does it have to match our stationary? What should we get for our stationary?

The questions, a million more than my fiance or I have answers to, keep flowing like that. Running into each other without space and completely out of order. I can't help it, I'm excited. I'm a planner, completely type A and utterly organized. I've planned parties my whole life, and what is a wedding if not a large party? If not the large party? Maybe I'm just telling myself that because I've never been to a full blown wedding, I have no idea about the customs and even less about how to go about even getting married. I'm 20, the first of my friends and generational family to get married, which means my fiance and I get to do it our way. As soon as we figure out what our way is we'll be perfect.

Here is what I do know, with limited plus one's and coworkers and extended family, we're looking at about 75 people at our wedding. This isn't including any service workers that we will have to include in the headcount for food. I know that my entire family is traveling out of state to this wedding, with the exception of my little sister who is only about an hour away.  I know that I have three bridesmaids and my fiance has one groomsman, his best man. I know what my wedding dress is, a boho/vintage dress I decided on not 3 minutes into wearing it. I know our dog, Batman, will be our ring bear. I know a lot, actually, but I need to know a lot more.

Let's hope I learn it fast enough.
Approx. 9 months from the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Have a fantastic day!